Friday, November 10, 2017

Vinyl was everything once

I use to eat and breath vinyl records. 1980's hardcore punk was my obsession. Black Flag and Minor Threat as well as the numerous bands from East Coast to West Coast and even in the Midwest. I last sold my personal collection of my very loved wax to someone opening a record shop, 500 records that I hand picked and cleaned and listened to. I knew every crack and pop and even the occasional skip and that feeling you get when the needle dropped on Circle Jerks "Letter Bomb" I now have a box of Cd's and I am pretty content with them. I even have a stack of Maximum Rock-N- Roll Zines that I pull out every once in awhile when nature calls and I want
some quality reading material. I guess what I am
trying to say is yeah I miss my records sometimes
but I still have the music, the memories and I lived
those times. I was there and I experienced it.

No comments:

Post a Comment